Worker's Compensation Coordinator
|Job title:||Worker's Compensation Coordinator|
|Company:||EmergeOrtho Triad Region|
Greensboro Orthopaedics now EmergeOrtho Triad Region is a physician-owned orthopaedic medical practice, dedicated to providing outstanding, comprehensive, & patient-centered care. For over 70 years, we have been proudly serving Greensboro and the surrounding communities for their orthopaedic needs.
This Worker’s Compensation Coordinator position vacancy is a non-exempt position, in which the employee communicates with nurse case managers, insurance adjusters, patients, and coworkers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pre-certifications/Authorization for Therapy Services
• Effectively communicate with nurse case managers and insurance adjusters via phone, email, and in-person
• Schedule patient appointments
• Cross-train within the worker’s compensation department
• Generate reports to securely distribute clinical information
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: at least 6 months of experience in a medical setting.
• Knowledge of medical office procedures and worker’s compensation services preferred.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information.
• Skill in operating a computer including Microsoft applications.
• Electronic Medical Record experience preferably AthenaHealth.
• Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow oral as well as written instruction.
• Ability to sort and file materials correctly.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and nurse case managers.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Position is in a well-lit office environment.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Involves sitting approximately 90-95 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.comBack to Position List